Page

Foodie Fridays: Orange Raisin Rice

Friday, 19 October 2012

I have oranges in my fridge which I do not know what to do. So I made orange juice. Some I drank and some my boy drank but there are still leftover. I decided that I could do some cooking with it. I found this recipe for Orange Scented Rice courtesy of Cuisine Paradise.

I made some amendments to the recipe. I omitted the spices, added an egg and cooked everything in my Happy Call Pan (less washing up after the meal..yeah!!). 

While the rice is cooking, my kitchen is filled with the refreshing smell of the orange. It also taste great, sweet with a hint of tangy taste. The little boy also loves this dish.


**********

Ingredients

1 Egg, beaten
1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Shallots
1 Tbsp Orange Zest (More if you want a more tangy taste)
1 Cup Uncooked Rice
100ml Orange Juice
1 1/2 Cup Water
A few dashes of Ground Cinnamon (Depends on your taste)
A handful of raisins 


1) Fry the egg and break it up into strips. Dish and leave aside.
2) Heat up the oil in the pan.
3) Saute the Garlic and Shallots till fragrant.
4) Add in Orange Zest and stir fry for a while. 
5) Add in Rice and Cinnamon and stir fry.
6) Pour in the Orange Juice and Water. 
7) When the water comes to a boil, add in Raisins and close the cover. Lower the fire to low and let it simmer for about 15-20 min. You may open up the cover and check if the rice is cooked. 
8) Before dishing, add in the fry egg and give a quick stir and serve.


**********
Linking up with:



6 comments:

  1. Oh boy! This looks interesting! I can smell the orange fm here! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yrah, thanks for sharing. I'm so in need of simple and quick recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If u no time to look over it on the fire, u can just pop it into the rice cooker.

      Delete
  3. Yummy! I cooked kiwifruits and pineapple fried rice before. Shall have to try your orange one :)

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ai. Kiwi Fried rice sounds interesting.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...