Page

Fun this week #1 (14 Oct 12)

Tuesday, 16 October 2012


How did you spend your weekend? Did you have fun?

We certainly did.

Last week we met a dog during our morning walk. This week we met a cat. He tried to touch and sayang the cat. How brave! Frankly speaking, I was more nervous than he was, thinking that the cat might jump on us anytime. Jay was not scared at all; he could sit and laze together with the cat.


I want to let him try painting again, but without the mess. I came across this great idea of no mess painting and decided to let him try. Just dribble a few drops of paint on a paper and slide it inside a Ziploc bag. And the rest is up to the boy. He started staring at the paper not knowing what to do. Shortly, he realized he could use his fingers to draw. I gave him a car and he started rolling it over the paint.


We also did some fine motor training – inserting pipe cleaners into a bottle. He needs more practice in this. As you can see, he don't use his hand to hold onto the bottle. The bottle keeps toppling over and he gets angry.



*******

Did you have fun over the week? If you did, link up, grab the button and join me in creating fun! 


The Js Arena







6 comments:

  1. Fun fine motor training skills for Little J :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I love how it doesn't mess up the place. Great if you want him to do painting but do not want to do the clean up.

      Delete
  3. Oh, how I love your creative and FUN ideas! The paint-in-a-bag one is especially genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Galit. You can try this too!

      Delete
  4. I wish I'd knew about the painting in a bag trick! He's so adorable :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...