Page

Writing Process

Monday, 4 August 2014

August is the month this blog turns 2! I was recently invited by Connie of RayConnieBaby to join in a Writing Process Blog Hop, where bloggers are invited to share about about their blogging process. I think this is a good opportunity for me to reflect on how the blog has progressed and share about my writing process. 

Sitting in front of my computer writing this post

I am glad how much this blog has grown. From a small little private blog to having some sponsorships now. I consider myself still a newbie when it comes to blogging. There are still many areas for me to improve on. 

Through blogging, I get to know this group of Singapore Mom Bloggers. They are a fantastic bunch of ladies. Guiding new bloggers like me, sharing tips on how to handle PR companies and support for each other. It is also a relief to know that there is someone I know when it comes to attending media events.

One of them is Connie. Like me, she was also new to the SMB community back then. I got to know her when we were attending our first gathering. She is currently pregnant with her third child. Kudos to her.

So back to the blog hop...

What am I working on?

I have quite a number of draft posts sitting in my folder. I am trying to finish these up and get them publish soon. #needmoretime. Apart from blogging and the kids, I'm also busy with the reorganisation of our home, which is messy at the moment.

How does my work differ from others in its genre?

The unique point of this blog is the subjects, ie US. We are truly ourselves and our experiences and journey are uniquely us. This makes the stories here different from others because everyone's experiences are different.

Why do I write what I do?

Thanks to Mommy's brain. This blog was initially setup to chronicle the growing up journey of the kids. Along the way, I realise that other mommies are facing some of the problems I faced too. So I hope to share my experiences and tips (not that they are very great).

How does my writing process work?

I do not have a structured process. I only write when the kids are asleep and if I did not managed to fall asleep. I also have a time curfew to sleep by 12midnight. The time left for writing is at about one to two hours. Therefore, I usually write on-the-go and edit the posts and the pictures when I am on the computer. Ideas for a post might come suddenly and at weird timing, like before sleeping or while in the shower or while travelling between places. During such moments, my phone is my best friend.

**********

Next week, Charlene from missuschewy will be sharing about her writing process. She writes a lifestyle and travel blog. I got to know her when we attended a media event. She took a super cute photo of Small J and that's the start of our conversation. She is a new mum to a lovely little girl, little misschewy, who just recently turned 4 months old. A word of caution, try not to read her blog when you are hungry.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Jolin! Yay next week will be my turn! Haha hope to bump into you at other events! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...