Page

My Cooking Journey #1: Pumpkin Corn Soup, Tofu with Minced Meat, Steamed Chicken Wings

Sunday, 14 December 2014

I seldom cook except on weekends when we are not going out. When I do cook, it's usually two simple dishes and a soup. I always have a headache on Fridays, thinking of what to cook for the weekends. I thought to write these down so that I can refer back when thinking of what to cook. 

These are what we had this week. 


Pumpkin Corn Soup
1/4 Pumpkin
1 Sweet corn
Spare Ribs 
1 Medium Onion
Red Dates

1. Blanch the spare ribs. Wash and set aside.
2. Put all ingredients in pot and boil for 15 minutes. Lower fire and simmer for 3 hours.

I did not add any seasoning as the soup is already very sweet from the pumpkin and corn. The pumpkin will become very very soft. 



Tofu with Minced Meat
1 tube Egg Tofu
100g Minced Meat (Marinated with cornflour, soy sauce, sesame oil. I go with my feeling with the amount)
1/2 tbsp Oyster sauce
Cornflour
Water (depends on how much gravy you want)

1. Cut the egg tofu into slices. Coat with cornflour and pan fry till golden. Set aside.
2. Stir fry the minced meat.
3. Add water and oyster sauce.
4. When sauce starts to boil, add in the tofu. Stir to coat well with sauce. 
5. Let it simmer for about 3 minutes and serve.



Steamed Chicken Wings
8 pcs Chicken Mid-Wings 
Ginger, sliced
1 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Cornflour

Marinate:
1/2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp Sugar

1. Marinate chicken wings with marinate over night.
2. When about to cook, add in cornflour and water and stir well.
3. Arrange wings on tray and add ginger slices.
4. Put into steamer when water boils and steam for 15 mins or until wings are cooked.


Note: I don't measure the exact amount of each ingredients or seasoning. I go by estimation. Usually, I will start with a small amount of seasoning. If taste is too bland then I will add more. I don't add a lot of seasoning because the kids are sharing with us too.


If you enjoy reading this post, I would be glad if you could follow me on Facebook or Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...