Page

A Staycation @ RWS - Day 2.0: Adventure Cove Waterpark, Skyline Luge

Monday, 5 January 2015

It's the 2nd day of our staycation. Small J slept very well because he was so exhausted from the activities on the 1st day

So, we woke up to the sound of music from the pool. If not for the music, I think we would have slept through the day. Today, we planned to spend most of our day at the Adventure Cove Waterpark. As our booking for the room did not come with breakfast, we quickly ate our bread which we bought from BreadTalk the previous night.


Our first stop was the Adventure Cove Waterpark. This is our second time here and Small J's first. The first time we came, I was still preggy with Small J and didn't managed to try out any of the rides. This time, I wanted to try out the rides, even though I am a scaredy cat. We first deposited our belongings in the locker and off to our adventure.



We didn't managed to take much photos here because our phones and camera are not waterproof and it's difficult to handle a toddler and a camera at the same time.

Small J joined us at the Bluwater Bay, Adventure River and stayed at the Seahorse Hideaway most of the time, playing with the other toddlers there. He didn't like the Big Bucket Treehouse because of the water falling on his head. 


Despite always loving water play, he was quite scared when we first started at the Bluwater Bay. Perhaps the waves were on at that time and he was paranoid when the waves came crashing at his feet. After spending more time around the park, his fears were gone and enjoyed the rest of the day.

This time, Daddy J helped to look after Small J while I got the chance to try out some of the adventure rides. It was fun but it could have been better if Daddy J could accompany me. Oh, and I sprained my neck while on the Riptide Rocket. Even though we might not be able to go on most of the rides, we were happy to have spent the day together as a family.

After spending a day at the waterpark, we went back to our hotel, had a quick wash up and out we go again! By this time, Small J was really tired. Luckily, I have my trusty Manduca carrier and he managed to catch a wink...


... until we reached the Skyline Luge.


I didn't do my homework. I thought Small J would be able to ride together with us, but there is a minimum height of 85cm, which Small J is below that. So no choice, Daddy J and me had to take turns to ride alone. I tell you, it is pretty scary up there, especially when you have no one to hold on to. I could feel butterflies in my tummy throughout my ride up. I tried to focus on the scenery which helped a little bit.




PS, remember to choose a correct helmet. Don't be like me, choose a helmet which is too big and it fell off half-way down. Don't forget your mosquito repellent too.


While we were up there, Small J was happily eating his raisins. Of course that didn't last him long. 


I shall leave the activities we did at night for another post. Till we catch up again!

A Staycation @ RWS - Day 2.0: Adventure Cove Waterpark, Skyline Luge
A Staycation @ RWS - Day 2.5 & 3: Wings of Time and Packing List

If you enjoy reading this post, I would be glad if you could follow me on Facebook or Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...