Page

My Cooking Journey #7: Chicken Soup, French Beans, Stir-fry Pork with Ginger

Thursday, 22 January 2015

Being a FTWM (full-time working mum) means there's not much time to cook. On weekdays, we settle our dinner at my mum's. Weekend is usually packed with activities and hence cooking time is also limited. I make it a point to cook at least once per week. These are what we had last week.


Chicken Soup

1 Chicken carcass
8 Chicken mid-wings
2 Carrots
2 Potatoes
1 Onion

1. Blanch the chicken. Wash, remove skin and fats and set aside.
2. Put all ingredients in pot and boil for 15 minutes. Lower fire and simmer for about 2 hours.
3. Season with salt and pepper (optional).

No salt added for my case since we are sharing the meal with our little ones.


Stir-fry French Beans

1 packet French beans
6 Meat balls
Carrot cut into strips
Chicken stock
Garlic

1. Heat oil and fry garlic till fragrant.
2. Add in french beans and stir-fry.
3. Add in meat balls and carrot. Continue to fry.
4. Add in chicken stock. I use the chicken soup from above. Amount is estimation, just enough not to let the beans chao tar.
5. Cover and let it simmer so that the beans will cook thoroughly and soften. Serve.

You may season with salt and pepper to your taste. I didn't add because I am using the chicken soup as flavouring. The beans taste sweet because of the soup.


Stir-fry Pork with Ginger

Sliced Pork
Ginger
Garlic

Marinate:
1 tsp Cornflour
1 tsp Sesame oil
1 tsp Soy sauce
1/2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 tsp Oyster sauce

1. Marinate the sliced pork with the marinate for about 30 minutes. 
2. Heat oil and fry ginger and garlic till fragrant.
3. Add in marinated pork.
4. Stir fry till cooked and serve.

This is very good to eat with rice. I used pork fillet here because it is not tough when cooked and is easier for the kids to eat.

Both Js share all the dishes. For Small J, I 'washed' the pork with the soup before giving him the pork.

If you enjoy reading this post, I would be glad if you could follow me on Facebook or Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...