Page

My Cooking Journey #12: Black Bean Soup, Pan-fry Cod Fish, Black Pepper Chicken Wings

Tuesday, 17 February 2015

This week's meal was very simple and easy to prepare. I cheated a bit. The Black Pepper Chicken Wings which I bought from NTUC was already marinated. What I need to do is to cook it!

I also made a pot of nutritious Black Bean Soup for both Js. Black beans is good for the digestive tract, rich in protein, fibre and anti-oxidants. This soup is also one of my favourite soup during confinement. It is said to be helpful for increasing breastmilk supply especially if you boil it with pig trotters. Yumm... I'm already hungry thinking about all the confinement food. 

Lastly, a simple pan-fry fish for the family. Before serving, I drizzle a few drops of Lemon essential oil and this gives the fish dish a refreshing taste!



Black Bean Soup

1 rice bowl of Black Beans
1 packet of Pork Bones (from NTUC)
5 Red Dates

1. Soak the black beans overnight.
2. Blanch the pork bones. Wash and set aside.
3. Wash the red dates and cut into half. I'm using dates which has already been de-seeded.
4. Put everything in a pot and add in water. 
5. Bring to a boil. Lower fire and let it simmer for 3-4 hours. 

Since I am using pork bones, the slow simmer will draw out all the nutrients and collagen from the bones. When you are drinking it, you will feel a sticky after-feel on your lips. These are the goodness of collagen. You may replace the pork bones with pork ribs, pig trotters, chicken bones or chicken feet. For a stronger taste, you can add in a slice of dried cuttlefish too.



Pan-fry Cod Fish with Lemon

Cod Fish
Olive Oil
Butter
Lemon juice

1. Wash and pat dry cod fish.
2. Heat olive oil in pan. Once heated, add in butter. 
3. Place fish in pan and pan-fry. Flip over and fry the other side.
4. Dish and sprinkle some lemon juice over the fish.

Butter will give the fish a aromatic taste. You can omit this if you wish. I use 3 drops of Lemon essential oil mixed in a tiny little bit of olive oil and drizzle this over the fish. (Note: I am using Young Living Essential Oil and I would not recommend replacing this with other brands of essential oils.)



Black Pepper Chicken Wings

This is one of my favourite black pepper chicken wings. I bought this from NTUC at the halal section. The wings are already marinated and I simply pan-fry these. Easy Peasy!


For more recipes, check out 'My Cooking Journey'


If you enjoy reading this post, I would be glad if you could follow me on Facebook or Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...