Page

My Cooking Journey #14: Lotus Root Soup, Stir-fry Broccoli

Tuesday, 31 March 2015

I have some leftover black beans from the Black Bean Soup I made previously. I happened to see lotus root at the supermarket and decided to cook a lotus root soup with black beans. Since the black beans were not enough, I add some peanuts too. After simmering it for about 3 hours, I got a pot of nutritious soup for the family.

I also stir-fry a broccoli using the Bone Stock instead of water. Using the bone stock instead of water gives the dish a more flavourful taste. Since I used onion and mushroom, I didn't add anymore salt. But I did add some oyster sauce, because mushrooms with oyster sauce tastes great! Big J even requested for the sauce from the broccoli to mix with his rice because the sauce is sweet from the onion and the bone stock.


Lotus Root Soup

Lotus Root
Black beans
Peanuts
Pork bones

1. Soak the black beans and peanuts overnight.
2. Blanch the pork bones in a pot of boiling water. This helps to removes the scum and blood.
3. Drain away the water and wash the bones.
4. Put everything into a pot and top with water.
5. Bring to a boil for about 15 min. 
6. Turn the fire down to a simmer and let it simmer for 3 hours. 
7. You may add salt for taste. Serve.



Stir-fry Broccoli

Broccoli
Onion
Mushrooms
Garlic
Oyster Sauce

1. Heat up oil in pan and fry onion till soften and fragrant.
2. Add in garlic and fry till fragrant.
3. Add in mushroom and stir fry.
4. Add in broccoli and fry a while.
5. Add in 2 tablespoons of the Jelly Bone Stock. It will melt in the pan.
6. Add in oyster sauce and cover to let it simmer a while.
7. You may add salt for taste. Serve.


If you enjoy reading this post, I would be glad if you could follow me on Facebook or Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...