Page

My Cooking Journey #15: Oyster Sauce Chicken

Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Oyster sauce chicken is one of my favourite dish from my childhood days. My mum cooks this quite often and we always clear the plates. I especially love it with lots of ginger, which gives the dish a hint of spiciness with the sweetness of the oyster sauce. This is a hit with Big J. He eats his rice with the sauce and ask for more rice after he had finished.


Oyster Sauce Chicken

Chicken, cut into pieces
1 small can of Mushroom
A knob of ginger, cut into strips
2 tbsp Oyster sauce
1 tsp Dark Soya sauce
Water

Marinate for chicken:
1 tbsp Cornflour
1 tsp Light Soya sauce
1 tsp Oyster sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil

1. Marinate the chicken for about 1-2 hours.
2. Heat up pan with oil. Add in ginger strips and stir fry till fragrant.
3. Add in marinated chicken and pan fry it till about cooked.
4. Add in Oyster sauce and Dark Soya Sauce and fry for a while.
5. Pour in water till about covering chicken.
6. Add in mushroom.
7. When it starts to boil, turn the heat down and let it simmer for about 15min.
8. Turn heat up and reduce the sauce till thick. Serve.


If you enjoy reading this post, I would be glad if you could follow me on Facebook or Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jolin,

    Thanks for sharing this recipe. I have always wanted to cook this dish as my mother in law cooks it often when we used to live with her. I omitted the mushroom and put in lots of ginger. It's very delicious and goes well with a big bowl of rice. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also love the sauce with rice! Lots of ginger really makes it very nice!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...