Page

August

Wednesday, 2 September 2015

August was a super busy month for me. That's why I have been rather quiet on the blog, FB and Instagram. 



I had a busy bag exchange this month and I had chosen to do two craft that require lots and lots of cutting and laminating. I had been doing cutting almost every day and night. Sadly, to the extend that I had to leave the housework and home-learning stuffs to a rest. I am now so glad that the exchange is over and I'm trying to get back on my normal routine. More about the busy bag exchange in another post.

With the busy bag exchange coming to an end, that also means I have a long list of backlogs to clear. Housework, home-learning activities, outdoor play / trips, backlog blog posts, etc etc. So it will continue to be a busy September for me.


We were so glad that we had a long holiday break with Singapore's Jubilee celebration. We managed to spend more time together as a family and celebrate Singapore's birthday with many other Singaporeans. I'm already looking forward to the next holiday in September!



We have signed up to be a Feather Friend of the Jurong Bird Park. We will see ourselves going to  the bird park more often to get the most value from the membership.


Small J is still enjoying his weekly classes at Sparkanauts.




We also went high on the Singapore Flyer. For the month of August, there was a promotion for locals for which seniors and children will fly for free with every paying adults.

Small J was unfortunately hit by a bout of cold and flu which triggered a bit of breathing difficulty. Thankfully he recovered quickly after a visit to the PD. A few weeks later, he got diarrhea and had watery stools for many days. Eventually he did recover. We think it was due to teething and could see his big molar coming out.


Big J recently took my marker and drew this. He said this is his hand. I was shocked! Because his writing skills is still very poor and dislike any forms of writing or drawing. So this is something that he doesn't do.

Lastly, I hope to get everything back in place and establish a routine for us again. The year end is coming soon and it is going to get busy busy again with the festivities and holidays.

If you enjoy reading this post, I would be glad if you could follow me on Facebook or Instagram. You could also subscribe to my newsletter (on the left hand column) and be updated on my latest post.


10 comments:

  1. It is the season where everyone is falling sick. Mummy must also take care yah! Drink up!... Oh... and I am waiting for my boy to start using the pencil too! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are up-ing on our water, especially with the haze. You take care too.

      Delete
  2. Phew! Glad that you've completed the tedious busy back exchange crafts and hope you get some rest before your busy Sep starts!!

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a huge relieve when the busy bag exchange has ended. Finally I can relax a bit.

      Delete
  3. Love the craft work! So much effort! Hope September will be a better month for you Jolin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayme. Looking forward to the long weekend in Sep!

      Delete
  4. Those busy bags look like fun - but also a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I shouldn't be so ambitious to do something that requires so much work. A lesson learnt.

      Delete
  5. Do catch up some rest too before catching up on your backlogs. :) May you have a happy September holiday with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Phoebe. A great September to you and your family too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...