Page

Marble Painting

Tuesday, 22 September 2015

I am always looking for ways to do arts with the kids in a mess free way. This No Mess Painting and Water Painting are two of the activities that are easy to set up and clean up. The process is completely mess free!

Recently we did another kind of painting which is very fun, but with a little bit of clean up to do. It is Marble Painting.



You will need:

A Tray (big enough to fit the paper)
Drawing paper
Marbles
Paint


Place the drawing paper inside the tray. Squeeze some paint on different spots of the paper. Throw in the marbles and move the tray around to get the marbles moving! Big J was fascinated to see the marbles 'painting' away.


We tried marble painting on another occasion and I added ping pong balls and straws. I intended to ask him to use the straws to blow the ping pong balls around. However, the ping pong balls are too light and keep getting stuck on the paint. I took the opportunity to tell him that ping pong is lighter than marble and hence gets stuck on the paint more easily.


Nonetheless, we had a good time doing this. It is easy to setup and is quite therapeutic to look at the marbles moving around in the tray. Cleaning up involves washing the marbles and wiping up the table area. Mess Free!



If you enjoy reading this post, I would be glad if you could follow me on Facebook or Instagram. You could also subscribe to my newsletter (on the left hand column) and be updated of my latest post.


15 comments:

  1. I saw this when you shared it the last time, and it's been on my to-do list for the longest time! Looks like a lot of fun, and not too messy too. Can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it out sometime soon. The materials are very easy to get. Noah will love it!

      Delete
  2. Mess-free doesn't sound like what will happen in my family though. Even though everything is contained on the tray, my son will eventually toss the marbles or balls out of the box and then AHHHHHHHHH! hahah My daughter will probably pick every single marble out of the tray and pop it into her mouth.... *Sobs* Until they are older! It's such a nice art piece to frame up as gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Sounds like it's going to be a disaster for you. Better wait till they are older.

      Delete
  3. Haha cool! Where did u get this tray? The trays that I have currently can't do this, else I will have to clean up the floors too (cos the marbles surely roll to the floors)!

    Think this will be fun for both my boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is actually a cardboard box. Can get any boxes which the sides are high enough to contain the marbles. The ikea trofast storage box works well too. I use that for Small J because he's more clumsy in controlling the movement of the marbles.

      Delete
  4. Look so fun! And the marbles can be used for other craft activities after painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. There are so much more activities to do with marbles.

      Delete
  5. That looks fun and easy for young children to do. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having the box try is so helpful to avoid the mess!! I love your idea of using different materials to create the marbling effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, have to think of different methods to engage the kids and let them explore.

      Delete
  7. We did marble painting before too, using those big disposable trays which did the trick! And the girls loved it! Your final artwork looks pretty and I've never thought of using straws and ping pong balls! We need more craft activities like this now that going outdoors is a health hazard!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so fun and mess free! Haven't got much time lately to do fun crafty stuff with my girls. This maybe for the upcoming children's day break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen this somewhere too but just didn't get down to it. Timely reminder! Now is to find those marbles and that box. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...